Ability Ally Training
Ability Allies are a network of faculty, staff and students who take a visible role in promoting disability awareness, supporting persons with disabilities, and maintaining resources for working with people with disabilities. Ability Ally Training strives to shape student, faculty, staff, and administrators' perspectives by:
- Focusing on ability versus disability
- Demonstrating similarities rather than differences
- Identifying personal stereotypes, myths, and beliefs that shape personal perceptions
- Demonstrating appropriate language and terminology for discussing disabilities and resources
- Offering an authentic view into the lives of students with disabilities through a student panel
- Providing students, staff, and faculty with an opportunity to discuss disability in a non-judgmental and safe environment
- Allowing an open forum for questions and concerns working and interacting with individuals with disabilities
Upon completion of the training, participants are given the opportunity to sign an Ability Ally pledge and receive an Ability Ally placard and button to display for all to see.
Please enter your email address.
To edit your current registration enter the information below.
Your password will be reset and emailed to you.
You have filled out this registration in the past. To fill it out again choose 'Create new' below otherwise choose 'View' to see your past registrations.
Are you sure you want to delete this registration?